Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lucbc
Regular Visitor

Help with Forecast not working properly

Hi. 

I'm new in the Power Bi world, so i'm having trouble finding what is the problem with my forecast. For some reason, it was working just fine last month, but when i updated the dates and sources for the current month, it now shows my month goal, not my ideal goal for the amount of the days that have passed.

lucbc_0-1675683891499.png

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
bhemelWETA
Regular Visitor

I'm having a similar issue - using the forecast tool on a line chart - refreshed my data for the current year (2023) and won't show my forecast.

DvdH
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, we do not know what u are working on exactly could u ellaborate the issue? If it now shows "Month_Goal" instead of "Ideal_Goal" and both of these are values used in the visual check: 

DvdH_0-1675686502229.png

If that is using the correct datapoint.

lucbc
Regular Visitor

Okay. Lemme try to show the whole picture

lucbc_0-1675715930639.png

Top cards are = Total sold, Amount that was supposed to have sold at this time of the month, Prediction, Goal and then GAP %

If you look at the middle report, that numbers doesnt match at all, my ideal was suppose to be something around 470k, but for some reason it's getting 991k or sometimes, the monthly goal.

For some reason, this time its getting the whole month, instead of only the period of time that had passed, if i have only 1 week in the month, i'm not suppose to have my montly goal complete. and the big question is, why last month was working and now it isnt, i just changed the current month, not even 1 database was changed

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.