Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThisIsHalloween

Help with Fiscal Year and Month

I'm very new to Power BI and need a little help with Fiscal Year and Months.  I took the DIAD class and am now trying to implement some stuff I learned into the class.

My table is set up like this:  

Capture5555.JPG

I am trying to show revenue by fiscal year and month.  I want the fiscal year format to show as YY/YY and our fiscal year starts on 7/1.  Here is the weird part that makes things hard for me.  The date column you see will not always coincide with the fiscal year and month.  For example, a transaction on 7/3/2018 may have the fiscal year of 17/18 and fiscal month of June. 

So how do I setup a column or table to recognize the fiscal year column and month column as the date with July being the first month? 

2 REPLIES 2
SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ThisIsHalloween hey, everything you need is in one of these 4 patterns, explained to details:
https://www.daxpatterns.com/time-patterns/

2022-05-19 17_30_22-Re_ Need help on DAX function with measure vs colu... - Microsoft Power BI Commu.png

Showcase Report – Contoso By SpartaBI

Full-Logo11.png

SpartaBI_3-1652115470761.png   SpartaBI_1-1652115142093.png   SpartaBI_2-1652115154505.png

I didn't have much luck with that on how to connect how the data is setup back to dates. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.