Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jervissho
Frequent Visitor

Help with Data Model: Ambiguity between tables triggered_send and event

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get an active relationship established between triggered_send and event (together with send) following the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Schema here

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1F5eVIvE37fAfEvFQlT-2Y-a4qBikIy9W2hpOT7ZUdAw/edit#slide=id.g3...

It keeps prompting the same error despite renaming some of the fields. I am assuming the column names are still ambiguous?

I have also changed all the cross-filtering mode to single after going through the similar posts but still to no avail... I want to avoid using DAX as much as I can as this would be used by non data people.

Cheers!

jervissho_0-1660325839795.png

jervissho_1-1660326117878.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jervissho ,

As the error shows, you can't create direct active relationship between "email" and "send" . You can uncheck "make this relationship active", let the email and send tables be connected as an inactive relationship.

vmengzhumsft_0-1660705434742.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jervissho
Frequent Visitor

jervissho_0-1660401385019.png

jervissho_1-1660401430472.png

I am still faced with the same issue after deleting the rest of the links. I think the cause lies with email and event. Any chance i could make event reference to both triggered_send and send that is both needing to be reference from the email table?

Hi @jervissho ,

As the error shows, you can't create direct active relationship between "email" and "send" . You can uncheck "make this relationship active", let the email and send tables be connected as an inactive relationship.

vmengzhumsft_0-1660705434742.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AnkitDeswal

Hi, 

This is because you have created 1 to * relationships between [List] - [Event] and [List] - [Triggered Send].

Two distinct paths are already specified for [List] to filter [Event] and [Triggered Send] tables.

So, if we try to make the [Triggered Send] - [Event] relationship active, it will create another indirect filter which will cause ambiguity in the data.

Due to this you cannot have another active relationship between [Triggered Send] and [Event] tables.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.