Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

laciodrom_80
Helper IV
Helper IV

Help with DAX measure for chart

Hi guys,

I've got a slicer containing time-series names and a chart in which I display the curve trend of the selected serie: the slicer is populated with the column SerieName of Table1

Table1
ID      SerieName                    From_Date
 1       Serie1               14/5/2016 16:55 00:00:00
 2       Serie2               22/7/2016 06:05 00:00:00

The time-series values I use to create the chart are contained into Table2

Table2
Serie_Id               Value                    Date
 1                     5,63         01/05/2016 00:00 00:00:00
 1                     10,5         01/05/2016 01:00 00:00:00
 1                     13,01        01/05/2016 02:00 00:00:00
 2                     1,43         01/05/2016 00:00 00:00:00
 2                     1,5          01/05/2016 01:00 00:00:00
 2                     2,01         01/05/2016 02:00 00:00:00

This is the measure I use to draw the line-chart (x-axis contains Date column of Table2)

Serie Value = IF(HASONEVALUE('Table1'[SerieName]);CALCULATE(Sum('Table2'[Value]));BLANK())

Two questions:

1.  I use IF and HASONEVALUE statements in Serie Value measure because I would like to display the chart only when a serie name is selected in the slicer: it works correctly if there are more than 1 serie name into the slicer, but if there is only one serie in the slicer the chart is displayed even if the serie isn't selected. How can correct this?
  2. How can modify the measure to display the chart only for dateTime > selectedDateSerie (selectedDateSerie is the corresponding From_Date of the selected serie name into the slicer)

Thanks a lot in advance for any hint!!! Smiley Wink

Luca
4 REPLIES 4
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@laciodrom_80

1. If you don't want to show any values when there's no selection in slicer, you should use ISFILTERED() in your condition. 

Serie Value = IF(HASONEVALUE('Table1'[SerieName]) && ISFILTERED('Table1'[SerieName]) ;CALCULATE(Sum('Table2'[Value]));BLANK())

See my test below:

77.PNG

999.PNG

2. If you have built the relationship between two tables (one to many on Series ID), you can directly use the From_Date column in your IF statement.

Serie Value = IF(HASONEVALUE('Table1'[From_Date]) && ISFILTERED('Table1'[From_Date]) ;CALCULATE(Sum('Table2'[Value]));BLANK())

Regards,

Thanks @v-sihou-msft for your suggestions.

No problem with point 1, I've understood Smiley Wink

About point 2, yes I've got a One to many relationship between the two tables (one to many on Series ID), perhaps I didn't explain it well:

After selecting a serie from the Series Names filter, I'd like to display into my chart only value of datetime > selectedDate (where for selectedDate I mean the corresponding From_Date date of the selected Serie Name in the filter. I've almost reached the aim with this DAX measure, but I have used the "NOW()" date instead of the selectedDate

Serie Value = IF(HASONEVALUE('Table1'[SerieName]) && ISFILTERED('Table1'[SerieName]);CALCULATE(SUMX(FILTER(Table2; [DateTime]>NOW()); 'Table2'[Value]));BLANK())

How should I modify the above expression? If I try to substitute "NOW()" by Table1[From_Date] I've got an error Man Frustrated

Thanks a lot in advance!

Luca

Any suggestion? 

Luca
CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @laciodrom_80

By right it should be working.  Can you share some sample data to check further.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.