Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with DAX for last 10 years calculation with condition

Hello,

I need help with some calculation here.

I have two data tables x and y and both are monthly data for last 4 years. I have created 2 measures: X = SUM(x[Qty]) and Y = SUM(y[Qty]). I am trying to calculate a specific rate and want to consider values of y for last 10 years. Because we don't have historical data for last 10 years, we are just using the existing values and multiplying that by 10. So, I have created a measure called Rate as Rate = DIVIDE(X, (Y*10)). This gives right values for selected years 2019 or 2020, for example. However, when we select a year and any month using slicers, then the calculations are completely off. I am not sure, how to get the right calculation in that case whether selecting all months or just one month from a year. I am assuming we need to write a specific condition in DAX. Please help!

In an ideal scenario, I would like to use a DAX that can add last 10 years values of y, if we have data and if we don't have for some years, it should just use average of existing data for the remaining non-existing years. The values should still be right, whether we select one month of a year or the whole year. Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so, I was able to write DAX that is accuraetly taking calculation whether I select a specific month or all months. He is the DAX for last 10 years SUMX(DATESINPERIOD(Dates[Date], LASTDATE(Dates[Date]), -10, YEAR), [Y]). However, because I have data only for last 5 years, my calculation stops as soon as date ends 5 years ago. I would like to use the values of very first year (earliest year) for the remaining non-existant years. So, it will be constant value for first 5 years using teh value from teh 6th year, for example. But I want it to be dynamic so that I am able to get 2 more years worth data from history, then the calulation should take constant values from the oldest year again. It should be valid even if we select any specific month from teh slicer.

Thanks in advance to refine this DAX further!

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could add an if statement to check whether the minimum date is >LASTDATE(Dates[Date]), -10, YEAR),if so,then return the minimum date,else the lastdate.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my reply as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.