Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Contract burn - mutiple contracts with start and end dates

I have a project where I have to calculate the burn rate based on labor ceiling for contracts per month based on the fee charged that month.

I have set up the calendar and labor ceiling tables and getting the payment date and amount charged. I am able to calulate the running totals but have an issue from when it starts counting down the contract since it is pulling data for prior contracts.

How do I make sure to only calculate down from the start date (month and year) for the projects. It is also summing the prior project ceilings together.

7 REPLIES 7
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may create measure like DAX below .

Cumulative total Per Year =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Table1[Amount] ),
    FILTER (
        'labor ceiling',
        'labor ceiling'[contracts] = MAX ( 'labor ceiling'[contracts] )
            && YEAR ( 'labor ceiling'[Date] ) = YEAR ( MAX ( 'labor ceiling'[Date] ) )
            && MONTH ( 'labor ceiling'[Date] ) <= MONTH ( MAX ( 'labor ceiling'[Date] ) )
    )
)

If I misunderstood it, could you please share your sample data and desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Please read this post to get your answer quickly: How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xicai Thank you so much Amy! I am trying to figure out how to attach the file. I don't see an option to just upload any file.

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive (you can find it in following location) and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Onedrive.png

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xicai were you able to get to my file on onedrive? Posted again just in case.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmJqEyBIpAulgixt_wHZNaxL4Ofm 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xicai  Here is the link for onedrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmJqEyBIpAulgixt_wHZNaxL4Ofm 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak I am new to Power BI and not sure your post helps in my case since it is only calculating the number of employees in a previous and given month. It would be more relavant with total salary for the year and then amount paid each month and counting down to calculate the burn report. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.