Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cmckernan93
Frequent Visitor

Help updating a report automatically

how do i make my power BI report and visuals update automatically rather than creating a new report every week/month and copying over the data?

I am using an excel docuemnt as a base for the report and keeping the format the same in regard to heading columns etc each week

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmckernan93 as per my understanding from your previous reply you want to know how to update power bi automatically with same figures...When you are  working with excel you can upload the excel either in Sharepoint or in Onedrive which will enable to schedule refresh in power bi service without gateway

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!👍

Regards,

Husna

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@cmckernan93 , The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

ok so i have made a power bi report, and i want to do the same report every week and have than just have the same figures and visuals showing off the data in the excel spread sheets i have used, i want to update this visuals based on the new data i have input into the excel sheet in the meanwhile since in the excel report. Is this possible?lop.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmckernan93 as per my understanding from your previous reply you want to know how to update power bi automatically with same figures...When you are  working with excel you can upload the excel either in Sharepoint or in Onedrive which will enable to schedule refresh in power bi service without gateway

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!👍

Regards,

Husna

Thanks, never though of doing that. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmckernan93  you wil have to make sure not to change the excel file name and the column names rest power bi will take care:-)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.