Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

decshz
Helper I
Helper I

Help to create MOM comparative waterfall chart

Hello all, firstly thanks for all your support.

I have a dataset (flat table format) which includes products, months and values. 

ie:    dataset.PNG

There are products that:

1. change values month-over-month
  2. products that were available last month but are no longer available current month
  3. products that are available this month but were not last month.

ie:

pivot.PNG

from this data set, I would like to create a waterfall chart that shows the variation MOM by "variation type"

ie:

wat-graph.PNG

I'm attaching the example excel file... I'd REALLY appreciate your help on how to do this.

demo dataset link *here*

5 REPLIES 5
shill1000
Helper IV
Helper IV

You can get it to work if you summarise your totals in a separate table then use this table to produce your waterfall - the total is automatic and will equal your August total.

CategoryTotal
1 July 17302
2 Deleted-65
3 Change82
4 New58

Thanks, yet I'm trying to have a formulated approach for this instead of a summarized table since I would like to use "Product" as a 2nd level category within the waterfall to be able which products were the drivers of this MOM changes, if I do a summarized table then I would lose this possibility

I have to point out that's not what you originally asked for, and I don't think it's possible to produce a drillable waterfall chart in Power BI but happy to stand corrected.

decshz
Helper I
Helper I

hello, any ideas??

I'd appreciate any insights on how to begin to develop this.

THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors