Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bix
Frequent Visitor

Help required to create a new percentage measure from multiple data sources.

Dear Supporters, 

Please help me to create new percentage from multiple data sources. 

Such as, I have more than two projects, I want to get commulative percentage for all projects. 

Cloud Data Source: Project A:       Column Name: Completion: 25%

Cloud Data Source: Project B:       Column Name: Completion: 45%

Cloud Data Source: Project C:       Column Name: Completion: 65%

How I can get, overall projects completion percentage?

Looking forward for support. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Garvicasas, 

Thanks for your inputs and suggest to create new table. But instead of create the relationship, I used the following mechanisam to get the result. 

TableName = Union(SelectColumns("DataSource-ProjectA',"Project Name",'Datasource-ProjectA'[ProjectName],'DataSource-ProjectA,"Completion",'DataSource-ProjectA'[Completion]),

SelectColumns("DataSource-Project-B',"Project Name",'Datasource-Project-B'[ProjectName],'DataSource-Project-B"Completion",'DataSource-ProjectA'[Completion]))

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
garvicasas
Helper I
Helper I

Si if i understand it correctly in Source 1 there is Project A you have 25% of completition of this one, project B the same in source 2 with 45% completition and you want a char that shows all this persentatges?

Yes, Exactly. 

So I can use with Cards or with Charts. 

then i would make a relationship with all of them. Maybe creating it in a variable common in all, which seems no problem for u since all are the same type(projects) or better, create a table projectManager and then make a relationship of all the projects to this. Then all will work

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the tables in the different sources have the same columns I would merge all them in Power Query and make it a single table. You can do this wiht the Merge Queries option

that's true, but maybe some projects have some columns the other projects doesn't have, but still there are columns in common; then my option would be better

Hi Garvicasas, 

Thanks for your inputs and suggest to create new table. But instead of create the relationship, I used the following mechanisam to get the result. 

TableName = Union(SelectColumns("DataSource-ProjectA',"Project Name",'Datasource-ProjectA'[ProjectName],'DataSource-ProjectA,"Completion",'DataSource-ProjectA'[Completion]),

SelectColumns("DataSource-Project-B',"Project Name",'Datasource-Project-B'[ProjectName],'DataSource-Project-B"Completion",'DataSource-ProjectA'[Completion]))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.