Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBIFCSuperUser
Frequent Visitor

Help required for Dynamic calculated column in created table that has no relationships

Hi All,

I have pieced together a sample dataset to showcase the issue I am having. Hoping someone is able to help!

Here is the Relationships of the data set:

RelationshipsRelationships

I have created a table by using the "Enter Data" option and 3 types of name scenarios for the rows:

I have also added a calculated column called column.

relationships2.JPG

What I want is to set the Date Dim as a date filter and let it dynamically change the calculated column value based on the date selected.

I also would like the caluclated column to go something like: if col 1 ="alex" then measure x, if col1 = "Rob", then mesure y, for all else measure z.

If you see below, this is not changing unlike the other measures that are added from  the number of sales and Sales tables.

relationships3.gif

Any help would be much appreciated! 

Please let me know if you require any other information!

PS: In my actual data set, the measures I will need include the DAX element "USE RELATIONSHIPS". Not sure if this is helpful to understand or will change the way you apply a solution. Just thought I would advise since I haven't in my simple example.

Thanks.

PBIFCSU

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @PBIFCSuperUser,

The Alex, bob values come from the name field in ‘number of Sales’ table, right? If it is, as I tested, when the slicer changed, the corresponding is filtered. 

If Alex, bob and other values come from different table. Could you please share your .pbix file for further analysis?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors