Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jonbox
Helper II
Helper II

Help on preventing count on a blank cell

Hi, I currently have the below metric which counts the number of rows containing 1 and shows as a percentage, e.g. if there are 31 rows and 16 contain 1, the measure will count that there are 31 and say 52% of the rows contain 1. 

My only issue with this is i don't want the measure to tally empty rows:

Dpt:Score:
Hair1
Beauty0
Skincare1
Products 
Face1

The above example should return 75% as it only counts the 1's and 0's, calculating the number of 1's from the count.

The blank cell for products is not counted. How can i reflect this in the below measure?

Dec % Per Dpt =
DIVIDE(
CALCULATE( COUNTROWS('Dept Scorecard 2122'), 'Dept Scorecard 2122'[Dec_6] = 1 ), 
CALCULATE( COUNTROWS('Dept Scorecard 2122'), ALL('Dept Scorecard 2122'[Dec_6] )
))
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jonbox , try a measure like

Dec % Per Dpt =
DIVIDE(
CALCULATE( COUNTROWS('Dept Scorecard 2122'), 'Dept Scorecard 2122'[Dec_6] = 1 ),
CALCULATE( COUNTROWS('Dept Scorecard 2122'), Filter(ALL('Dept Scorecard 2122'[Dec_6] ), not(isblank('Dept Scorecard 2122'[Dec_6]))
)))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jonbox , try a measure like

Dec % Per Dpt =
DIVIDE(
CALCULATE( COUNTROWS('Dept Scorecard 2122'), Filter(ALL('Dept Scorecard 2122'[Dec_6] ), not(isblank('Dept Scorecard 2122'[Dec_6]))
)))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.