Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aszpic
Frequent Visitor

Help on making a new column with a condition

Hello everyone,

I couldn't find a way to do this:

I have a table with 2 columns. The first column are some codes, which CAN be repeated. The 2nd column is a binary unmber (0/1).

Example:

CODES   NUMBER

codeA   1

codeA   1

codeA   0

codeA   0

codeB   1

codeC   0

codeC   0

I need to make a 3rd column, with this logic: "If (at least one of the NUMBERs of a code is 1, then1, else 0)". So in the 3rd column, all the registers of codeA would be 1 because there are 2 of the NUMBERs of codeA that is 1. So the result would be:

CODES   NUMBER  3rdColumn

codeA   1   1

codeA   1   1

codeA   0   1

codeA   0   1

codeB   1   1

codeC   0   0

codeC   0   0

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @aszpic,

Firstly, I will set Number column to text to prevent it sum/count that column in table/matrix

Create Calculated column:

3rd = IF(CALCULATE(COUNT(Sheet1[Number]),filter(all(Sheet1),Sheet1[Number]="1" && Sheet1[CODES ]=EARLIER(Sheet1[CODES ]) ))>0,"1","0")

Earlier method to get current row, All method to select and compare in all rows in table

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @aszpic,

Firstly, I will set Number column to text to prevent it sum/count that column in table/matrix

Create Calculated column:

3rd = IF(CALCULATE(COUNT(Sheet1[Number]),filter(all(Sheet1),Sheet1[Number]="1" && Sheet1[CODES ]=EARLIER(Sheet1[CODES ]) ))>0,"1","0")

Earlier method to get current row, All method to select and compare in all rows in table

thanks a lot! It threw me an error because it can't compare numbers with text values, but with a little variation it worked perfectly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.