Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prashant_ora
Helper II
Helper II

Help on Page

Hi,

I am using power bi desktop and created multiple pages in one pbix file. Every page is having more than one dashboards. Now we need to provide some help contenent for every dashboard on every page, to explain user what that dashboard  for and whats it purpose. How i can do it.

Please help.

8 REPLIES 8
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @prashant_ora

I am using power bi desktop and created multiple pages in one pbix file. Every page is having more than one dashboards. Now we need to provide some help contenent for every dashboard on every page, to explain user what that dashboard  for and whats it purpose. How i can do it.

I'm a little confused about the 'dashboard' you mentioned in Power BI Desktop.

Actually, dashboards in only in Power BI Service. Do you mean that you have many visuals in one page?

If it is, you could add Help Buttons or add text box to each visual to explain user what that visual for and whats it purpose.

help button.png

If you need additional help, please share your expected output so that we can help further investigate on it?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, You understtod it correctly. I need help for every visuals and that help should open as a poup window when i click/select /mouseover. Button option is not coming on my screen and if i insert a button then how the popup will open on click of that button.

Hi @prashant_ora,

You could add a Help Button besides your visuals to explain user what this visual for and what it purpose. You could type the explanation in the button text.

Besides, there are three options that you could set, default, hover, selected.

You could set different texts with different type.

eee.png

For reference, you could have a look at this article Using buttons in Power BI.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Button option is not coming to ribbion. Even i checked in privacy feature also every thing is checked. How to get the button option enabled?

ribbion.PNG

Hi,

Thanks ,after update i got the button. But the issue is i have 10 visuals on one page and for every visuals i have 100 character help content . How can i ente help content in the small butoon. I can not make it large as i have to write 10 seprate help for every visuals.

Any way to cater this issue.

Hi @prashant_ora,

I suggest you could create a new page as Help Page to write your help content for each visual, then you could add a bookmark to your Help content. When you click the Help Button with Ctrl, it will jump to the Help page.

You could have a view of my test pbix file which has been attached below.

For how to create Bookmark, you could have a look at this article.

Hope this can help you!

Best Regards,

Cherry

Hi @prashant_ora,

This is a new feature released recently. Please update your Power BI Desktop to the latest Version, then you will see the Button options.

Untitled.png

Please note that the latest version alway has more features.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.