Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Naveen_SV
Helper IV
Helper IV

Help on Burn Down Chart Design

Hi All,

I am creating a brun down chart, Can anyone please help me i have stuck with complition number is not coming properly.

Below is my Table,

In the same table i was able to write below query.

Rank = RANKX('dummy data - Copy','dummy data - Copy'[Warrenty Date],,ASC,Dense)
 and the running table

Running_table = CALCULATE(SUM('dummy data - Copy'[Count_of_CAR_Asset]),
ALLEXCEPT('dummy data - Copy','dummy data - Copy'[Country]),'dummy data - Copy','dummy data - Copy'[Rank] <=EARLIER('dummy data - Copy'[Rank]))
Remaining scope as below

Remaining scope = CALCULATE(SUM('dummy data - Copy'[Count_of_CAR_Asset]),FILTER('dummy data - Copy','dummy data - Copy'[Country]=EARLIER('dummy data - Copy'[Country])))-'dummy data - Copy'[Running_table] + 'dummy data - Copy'[Count_of_CAR_Asset]
I am seeing the burn down chart numbers wrong ideally it should start from 2213 and next month should lesser then pervious month that means pervious month total - next month total and reduces to zero at the end of the month.

Please let me know any soluton to solve this issue.  

burndown3.PNG

burndown1.PNGburndown2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Naveen_SV
Helper IV
Helper IV

@v-angzheng-msft  really thanks for replying to my problem.

I was actually looking based on filters when you apply like from your data, if i select Amestradom remaining count should show 911 for the month of jan and it should dedect next month total. 

even if i select asset like "laptop", Mobile based on that group also should be able to see from total - previous month total.

currently i was able to get the solution by saperating two graph one is based on country and another based on mobile.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Naveen_SV
Helper IV
Helper IV

@v-angzheng-msft  really thanks for replying to my problem.

I was actually looking based on filters when you apply like from your data, if i select Amestradom remaining count should show 911 for the month of jan and it should dedect next month total. 

even if i select asset like "laptop", Mobile based on that group also should be able to see from total - previous month total.

currently i was able to get the solution by saperating two graph one is based on country and another based on mobile.

v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Naveen_SV 

Check if the summation method of the value field is summation. The displayed result is incorrect if the summation method is summation because there are duplicate remaining values when the consumption is 0. Change the aggregation method to average, maximum, minimum, etc.
I created a sample based on the image you provided and in the sample I created two measures as follows:

_Running =
VAR _running =
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'Table'[Count of CAR Asset] ),
        FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( 'Table' ), 'Table'[__Rank] <= MAX ( 'Table'[__Rank] ) )
    )
RETURN
    _running
__Remaining =
VAR _total =
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Count of CAR Asset] ), ALL ( 'Table' ) )
VAR _result = _total - [_Running]
RETURN
    _result

Result:

vangzhengmsft_0-1628487048689.pngvangzhengmsft_1-1628487060644.png

Please refer to the attachment below for details

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.