Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help needed with "DataFormat.Error: File contains corrupted data"

Morning All,

I am struggling with trying to escape this error in Power Query. Basically, getting multiple files from SharePoint folder which are then filtered to only retain XLSX ones, but there seems to be error with one file. I suspect its possibly an encrypted file (password protected) and that's fine. All I want is to bypass this error in query editor. I tried replace error values, remove error rows etc but none of that seems to work. I still get that error row. Any advise on how can I exclude this row? 

KD_PBI_DA100_0-1644229199059.png
If I load and apply I get this error. 

KD_PBI_DA100_0-1644229588182.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

ignore this, I found the file that was password protected finally. In my case, this seems to happen when extracting the Excel file's Content into another column which would then be expanded further to get to the various worksheets within the files. As I kept scrolling through the Contents column I noticed "Error" value and against this value I was able to get the file name and path. I have removed the password and hoping that should fix the issue.

KD_PBI_DA100_0-1644237294801.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

ignore this, I found the file that was password protected finally. In my case, this seems to happen when extracting the Excel file's Content into another column which would then be expanded further to get to the various worksheets within the files. As I kept scrolling through the Contents column I noticed "Error" value and against this value I was able to get the file name and path. I have removed the password and hoping that should fix the issue.

KD_PBI_DA100_0-1644237294801.png

Hi @Anonymous 

Exactly. I found when I tried to import data from an Excel file which is encrypted by a password, I got this error too. Thank you for this finding!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors