Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GuidoPinares
Helper I
Helper I

Help needed: Ways to Connect with Dynamics 365

Hi Community,

I am working on a Report that needs just two Rows of the table contacs in Dynamics CRM and 3 rows of other table also inside Dynamics CRM or Dataverse. I tried two different options.

1st Option. Bring it through Web.Content using API and Relative Path to filter correctly in Power BI Service. This works awesome, but I realice that only brings 5000 rows, this doesnt work for me because i have more than 100,000 rows.

2nd Option. Bring it through OData feed. In this case, it works with the filters but only in Power Bi Desktop, but when i published it to the server, it shows the error related to Dynamic Content, this error can't be solved in the same way as in Web.content so i think this is not the best option neither.

Is there another way to bring the data, but only what you need, instead of bring all and then filter, delete rows and so on? Some type of connection or code that can use to bring you the data that i want no use not all 60 columns.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Only include the 2 tables you require in your Data Export Service Profile, then transform the data in the SQL Database before pulling it into Power BI.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
johncolley
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @GuidoPinares , I would recommend using the Dataverse connector. You'll still need to perform the data transformation steps in Power Query to remove columns, rows etc, but it is a striaghtforward approach.

Thanks for the answer, but if the data is more than 80mb that connect wont be useful

Are you able to utilise the Data Export Serivce?

Yes, but it brings all the table with all the data from years and years, i would like to filter it before it comes, not after with power query.

Only include the 2 tables you require in your Data Export Service Profile, then transform the data in the SQL Database before pulling it into Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.