Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kyle_l
Frequent Visitor

Help needed: Sankey diagram

Hi-

Have anyone had success using the Sankey diagram viz that was published recently (mid-December '15) to Visuals Gallery?

I downloaded and imported the visual to PowerBI Desktop but couldn't get it to plot. I tried three different data sets-- from real data sets to a tiny toy data set-- but it simply wouldn't plot. It would show a blank box showing nothing but chart title.

Did I miss a step? Does Sankey viz require a specific data format for it to plot?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Kyle

5 REPLIES 5
WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hey Kyle - sorry you're running into problems with this. I've uploaded a workbook of sample data that should work with the Sankey diagram here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D1AE0ADF6D40C71A!661192&authkey=!APGM2aVCqsZQNXs&ithint=file%2... Hope that helps!
kyle_l
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for pointing me to the example data, BUT it still wouldn't plot (showing only chart title).

Makes me wonder- Do I have download some javascript or d3 component for the visual to show?

FYI, I am using PowerBI desktop. Saved the example data to my local machine and then added the downloaded data to the PowerBI project. Then I try to use Sankey visual with no avail.

UPDATE: Your spreadsheet did work, I just needed to upgrade to the latest release of Power BI for desktop.

Hi Will, that did not work for me. The visualization is just blank. Here were my steps:

(1) download the spreadsheet

(2) open PowerBI for Desktop

(3) import the spreadsheet table

(4) select all three fields, creating a table in the viewer

(5) selected the Sankey visualization

Any advice?

kyle_l
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, jep!

I upgraded to the latest release of PowerBI desktop and it worked.

Excellent, glad it worked for you! Please mark the post a 'Solved' so we know the thread's complete 🙂

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.