Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

murphm6
Helper II
Helper II

Help identify the difference between these two measures?

Hi all,

I have a visual in a report that counts the 'Days left in Month'. My end user wants to add functionality to look into next month, so I created a new measure which counts days between now and end the end of next month. 

Previous Measure = DATEDIFF(TODAY(), EOMONTH(TODAY(), 0), DAY)

New Measure = DATEDIFF(TODAY(), MAX('Calendar'[Date]), DAY)

New measure is working as expected

murphm6_0-1669137589025.png

Here is my problem - we use this 'Days left in Month' measure to calculate % of typical demand. The formula for %Demand is 

%Demand = CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Indication Calcs'[% of Total Monthly Volume]), FILTER('Indication Calcs','Indication Calcs'[Value]=[Days Left in Month]))

When I switch out the old [Days Left in Month] for my new measure I created, I'm getting a blank value. I've confirmed there are no filters affecting the visual and have confirmed the old measure works fine. For this month, they should be returning the same values. 

Why is it that I'm returning a blank value? 

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@murphm6 , new measure will depend on selection and max date available in row context.

My max date on my calendar table is 10/1/2024, but the slicer affecting the whole page is only for the end of this month. Shouldn't this work?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.