Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gbdate
Frequent Visitor

Help for creating calculated columns - adjustments for overlapping dates

Hello guys! As suggested by @v-kelly-msft , I created this topic to talk about possible solutions for the following situation: I'm stuck on developing the solution below that resolves date overlaps. After creating the calculated columns, I will derive the specific indicators related to the project theme.

I would like your help to create the calculated columns according to the file available. Basically I can't reference the Start_failure_acumulated and End_failure_acumulated columns with themselves (row by row).

In the excel file, the calculated columns have the formulas you would like to apply in DAX to create them:

Dataset and calculated columns.Dataset and calculated columns.

LINK DOWNLOAD DATASET: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MuBf0FjDIUiPqBA3A4oU-DJFY-oD-KEX/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=11793...

Failures Dataset2Failures Dataset2

I would be very grateful if you could help me in this case! 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Gbdate I can't figure out what you are trying to do.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler Greg_Deckler, how are you? In this topic I bring a solution that I developed in Excel to analyze overlapping periods (in this case they would be equipment failures) of different complexities.

My purpose is to be able to calculate some maintenance indicators based on the handling of overlapping failures.

From an initial dataset I would need to treat them and with this new data perform the calculations of the indicators (ex: Time between failures - TBF, Time to repair - TTR, Equipment availability in percentage.

However, I couldn't migrate this solution to Power Bi (DAX). I'm stuck on developing the codes for the calculated columns. Did I get it clear? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.