Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vpnnm
Frequent Visitor

Help for calculating multiple fields of multiple table in many to many relationship!

Dear All,

Please help me with the situation as below:

Diagram.png

Produce the table as below, however my measure for Total #APP looks wrong, and i spent many day searching without possible solution:

Result

Result.png 

Date Slide from the DISB table.

CMP_NM column from the LEADGEN table

My Dax code as follow:

Total #APP = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(APP[APP_ID_C]),LEADGEN[REALNM_NO]<>BLANK())

Total #DISB = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(DISB[agreementid]),LEADGEN[REALNM_NO]<>BLANK())

Total #LEAD = CALCULATE(COUNT(LEADGEN[CUST_NO]),ALLEXCEPT(LEADGEN,LEADGEN[CMP_NM]))

Your help are greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @vpnnm,

Try this one, please. Are you sure the result should be 2901? I would suggest you check them with a small dataset.

Total #APP =
CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( APP[APP_ID_C] ),
    FILTER ( BRIDGE, BRIDGE[ID] <> BLANK () ),
    FILTER ( LEADGEN, LEADGEN[REALNM_NO] <> BLANK () )
)

Help-for-calculating-multiple-fields-of-multiple-table-in-many-to-many-relationship4

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
vpnnm
Frequent Visitor

Please help or point me to some dỉection so i can figure it out. Tks
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

do numbers change  to correct ones if you switch the relationship to single direction for APP and DISB tables?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

vpnnm
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, result is same as before.

ps. The bridge table is appended of DISB and APP. 

2.png1.png

Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

can you share sample rows from each table?

vpnnm
Frequent Visitor

Yes, here is the file pbix

\

vpnnm
Frequent Visitor

is anyone able to figure it out ? please help!

Hi @vpnnm,

I hope you didn't share anything confidential here. 

Maybe you should count the [CIF_NO] instead. Please refer to the formula and snapshot below.

Total #APP 2 =
CALCULATE ( DISTINCTCOUNT ( APP[CIF_NO] ), LEADGEN[REALNM_NO] <> BLANK () )

Help-for-calculating-multiple-fields-of-multiple-table-in-many-to-many-relationship

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tks for your advice, it is dummy data anyway! 

btw, it’s supposed to calculate the APP(APP_ID) not CIF_NO because 1 CIF can have multiples APP_ID

Also, i would like to use the DATE slider (DISBURSALDATE column of the DISB table) to filter but result is like this:

Untitled.png

Hi @vpnnm,

What should the result be?

I think you need a date table in this scenario. It will connect to three tables just like the Bridge table. Finally, the result will respond to the date slicer that is from the calendar table.

Best Regards,

hi,

i try to achieve the result as below with your suggestion of making DATE table  but still doesnt work. Thank you so much for your further supports.

Untitled.png

Hi @vpnnm,

I found something after digging into your model. 

1. The Creation_Date is a Datetime type. We need to convert it into a Date type column first by adding a new column.

Creation_Date_New = [CREATION_DATE].[Date]

2. Create a proper relationship like below. I think the one below should be the one in your scenario.

Help-for-calculating-multiple-fields-of-multiple-table-in-many-to-many-relationship2

3. The field of the slicer should be from the Calendar table.

Help-for-calculating-multiple-fields-of-multiple-table-in-many-to-many-relationship3

Best Regards,

Thank you for your effort.

However, the Total #App still look wrong ,right? Help-for-calculating-multiple-fields-of-multiple-table-in-many-to-many-relationship3.png 

Hi @vpnnm,

Try this one, please. Are you sure the result should be 2901? I would suggest you check them with a small dataset.

Total #APP =
CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( APP[APP_ID_C] ),
    FILTER ( BRIDGE, BRIDGE[ID] <> BLANK () ),
    FILTER ( LEADGEN, LEADGEN[REALNM_NO] <> BLANK () )
)

Help-for-calculating-multiple-fields-of-multiple-table-in-many-to-many-relationship4

Best Regards,

Thank you so much, i learned a valuable lesson.

vpnnm
Frequent Visitor

anyone?

Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

can you share the data snapshot from each table (can be just few rows each) with the expected results for that sample? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.