Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DataCook
Frequent Visitor

Help filtering data through tables using relationships through DAX

Hi All, Use this forum frequently and until now have managed to forge through to solution. 

Bit hard to describe but I have a few tables Linked to each other

<Forecast>[Item] * > 1 <Item>[MemberID]
<BOM>[item] * > 1 <Item>[Code]
<SOH table>[Item] * > 1 <Item>[MemberID]

Unfortunately the BOM Table breakdown has [Item] & [BOMCode] both of these have the 1 reference in <item>[Code].

I can get the <Forecast>, <item> &  <BOM> tables to cross filter through reports.
If I filter through the <SOH table> the other tables will filter, but as soon as I try and filter on the [BOMCode] the <SOH table> drops all it's info.
Understand it's because there isn't a relationship between <SOH table>[Item] & <BOM>[BOMCode]
<SOH table> contains different sites the stock is located.

Looking for a solution as I've tried, TREATAS, CROSSFILTER & others.

There is also a requirement to sum all of [in] and minus sum [out] to get the SOH.

If I could somehow create a summary table that I could filter using either the <item>[code] or <BOM>[code] it would be required so I can look up a forecast and see what needs to be produced and how many finished items are made in SOH <item>[code] and what current SOH for <BOM>[BOMCode] remains.

Unfortunately unable to share model due to work restrictions, could draw up a map if it helps. 

Thanks, 

Andrew

1 REPLY 1
DataCook
Frequent Visitor

Hi All, Use this forum frequently and until now have managed to forge through to solution. 

Bit hard to describe but I have a few tables Linked to each other

<Forecast>[Item] * > 1 <Item>[MemberID]
<BOM>[item] * > 1 <Item>[Code]
<SOH table>[Item] * > 1 <Item>[MemberID]

Unfortunately the BOM Table breakdown has [Item] & [BOMCode] both of these have the 1 reference in <item>[Code].

I can get the <Forecast>, <item> &  <BOM> tables to cross filter through reports.
If I filter through the <SOH table> the other tables will filter, but as soon as I try and filter on the [BOMCode] the <SOH table> drops all it's info.
Understand it's because there isn't a relationship between <SOH table>[Item] & <BOM>[BOMCode]
<SOH table> contains different sites the stock is located.

Looking for a solution as I've tried, TREATAS, CROSSFILTER & others.

There is also a requirement to sum all of [in] and minus sum [out] to get the SOH.

If I could somehow create a summary table that I could filter using either the <item>[code] or <BOM>[code] it would be required so I can look up a forecast and see what needs to be produced and how many finished items are made in SOH <item>[code] and what current SOH for <BOM>[BOMCode] remains.

Unfortunately unable to share model due to work restrictions, could draw up a map if it helps. 

Thanks, 

Andrew

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.