Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ChainSpart
Frequent Visitor

Help filter and results

Hello there,

I'll start by saying that I'm totally new with PowerBI, so I apologize if the answer has already been posted, I couldn't find it.

So here it is :

My data source is a database with multiple tables and views. Here I wanna work only with my views, and I can't alter this database.

I have a view A where I only need 1 column that'll give me a list of names (A, B, C, ...). Column colNAME1.

I have a view B that can show rows only if I have at least a WHERE clause with one of these names selected.

view B is like   ColNAME2, ColValue, ColDateTime

multiple rows will have colName2 since it has a lot of values

So It's like : 

SELECT * FROM dbo.MyViewB WHERE  colNAME2= '(value from colNAME1)'

Now I want to translate it in Power BI.

So I've added a Slicer, with my names data on it. I've configured it as a dropdownlist where I can select only 1 name.

I've added a table connected to my second view.

But I don't know how to link them... I though it'd be automatic since when I am on my table, the filter button on top shows that the name selected in the slicer is applied, but I still get an error and no data are shown.

Anyone can help please ?  

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ChainSpart , You have do this for each measure, you need

calculate(sum(MyviewB[Value]), filter(MyviewB, MyviewB[colNAME2] in values(MyviewA[colNAME1])))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ChainSpart , You have do this for each measure, you need

calculate(sum(MyviewB[Value]), filter(MyviewB, MyviewB[colNAME2] in values(MyviewA[colNAME1])))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.