Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

armoco
Frequent Visitor

Help/clarification needed regarding Free and Pro version

Hi!

I'm new to Power BI and I'm using the free version now. I want to know whether I will be able to publish my dashboard and schedule it to run after the trial period is over...

I have a potential client who is managing a very small-medium sized business and non of them have any BI related knowledge or used BI before. For me to convince them to use Power BI, I need to assure that even after the trial period they can use it(with 1 GB limitation) and won't be forced to buy it or they are not even going to try it. But I myself am not sure if 'publish/Schedule tasks' will work after the trial. Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks and Regards,

Arjun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @armoco,

From this official documentation, the On-premise Gateway is free to use. Helpclarification needed regarding Free and Pro version.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @armoco,

Please refer to this site for details: powerbi-free-vs-pro. I quoted the main point here:

>>> The main difference between a Free or Pro user is centered around sharing and collaboration. 

Both the two gateways are free to use. 

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale,

Thank you for your reply.

As far as I understand, On Premise is not free and it can be used only to reload data from free cloud sources like CRM Online, SharePoint Online etc. Once the trial period is over, I don't think I will be able to refresh data from a database like MySQL.

Please see the attached thread link:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Clarifying-free-edition-limitations/m-p/3248/highlight/true...

I'm pretty confused now as I've seen some threads where they say its free and some where they say its not.

Kindly help me understand this.

Regards,

Arjun

Hi @armoco,

From this official documentation, the On-premise Gateway is free to use. Helpclarification needed regarding Free and Pro version.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Thank you. That helps a lot!

armoco
Frequent Visitor

Also, is On premise gateway a free edtion option? If its not free, does that mean I can't even manual reload?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.