Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CongPham30SVN
Helper I
Helper I

Help about calculate the rate of combinations customer segment

Hi all,

I have an issuse and don't know how to slove it. I have a customer assembly, with Special Customer and Normal Customer. Each of them can be splited by four categories ( Category 1, Category 2, Category 3, Category 4 )

We can group two, three or four categories together, and we have n of combinations ( such as Cat 1 and Cat 2, Cat 1 and Cat 3, Cat 1 and Cat 2 and Cat 3....)

I want to know, what combination will bring max Rate value of Special Cus with Normal Cus. Please see the picture below:

Picture1.jpg

Any one know how to handle it?

Many thanks, and sorry if I'm not good at English

6 REPLIES 6
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CongPham30SVN ,

I doubt if it can be achieved in power bi automantically. In your sample in the new link, there are 3 values for each list. There are (3*2+1)*(3*2+1)*(3*2+1)-1 =342 combinations in your sample. If you want to get max value in all combinations, you need to list  all combination and calculate the value for it(even though there many blank value in these combination).

As far as I know, you can create new tables for all combinations in each list manually. and use crossjoin function to get all combinations for all list. But if you have many rows in each list, it will be a messy work. You need to list all combinations in each list manully.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CongPham30SVN ,

I'm not understanding with your expected output? Would you please explain more about it? Or you can show us some sample expected output by your data?

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Many thank for your help. Because yesterday I got some problem with my account, so I created a new post and describe more clearly ( I hope so ) about my request. Very hope you will have take a look:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Need-help-with-all-combinations-can-be-happen/m-p/1575269#M...

CongPham30SVN
Helper I
Helper I
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@CongPham30SVN , you can create formulas using those. Not very clear on what you need

refer how I used Switch on one and more column to get a new column

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gelJWktlR80

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

sanalytics
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello @CongPham30SVN 

Would be better if you can share the pbix file or sample data with us

Regards

sanalytics

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.