Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! - Use Access database connector and custom SQL

Hi,

I am trying to use the Power Bi access database connector however when it loads up it asks for which tables i want to select.

I am wanting instead to use custom SQL.  Is this acheivable using the connector?

Thanks

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi jak82,

Are you trying to connect to MS access database in power bi desktop? Power bi can connect to MS access database directly without any customer connector(But you need to install Access database engine first). Click Get Data->Database->Access database. 

In addtion, what does custom SQL mean? Does it mean the SQL statement and you want to connect to MS access database using SQL statement? You can use ODBC connection instead of connect to MS access database directly. For details, please refer to this case: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Can-I-use-an-sql-query-to-import-from-access-database/td-p/....

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes for some reason ODBC connection does not allow me use table aliases.  I was wanting to check if the access database connector allowed me to but I am unable to find where I can put in my DQL code rather than select tables.

Thanks

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.