Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Required

Hi, I am novice to Power BI and given 1 st project for attrition dashboard. i am currently stuck how to go about the this. i was not aware of DAX functions until i strated working on this project.

i have created 4 tables as below,

1-AttritionRaw - Fact Table where i am counting only actual Billable attritions this table has below fields Emp name, SOW Name, Last Working Date, Location, Designations etc 

2-PipeLineAttritions - another Fact table, This table has got same columns as Attrition Raw to calculate future attrition for next 2 months

3-SOWBillableNo - This table has SOW names in column and Month (first day of every month 01-Jan-2016 and so on) and Billable Nos plotted below each SOW in rows including future 2 months tentative Billable Nos. I have pivoted this data in Power BI and shown monthly Billable Nos e.g. Month column 01-Jan-2016 (multiple dates in rows) and unique SOW in another column in each month and its Billable nos respectively

4- SOWMaster - This table has SOWName, Process Name, Process Group etc

5- have created 5 th table from Min(BillableMonth) and Max(BillableMonth) from SOWBillableNo table and required columns like YearNo, MM-YYYY, MonthYearShort, Quarter, QuarterYear etc

I wanted to show 12 month Rolling attrition% (Attrition Count last 12 months divided by Avg Billable HC for last 12 months) for last 12 months .i.e. if i select Apr 2019 it will show % for each month from Mar 2018 with same formula (i.e. Mar 2018 will have % of last 12 month attrition count divided by Average Billable no of last 12 months). Only difference calculating Attrition % is when we dont have 12 month data available it will calculate average of monthly (month attrition count divided by month Billable no) Attrition% x 12. 

3 major issues are i am stuck at how to show last months in viz on selection of particular month. last 12 month Attrition Count, last 12 month Avg Billable No with Attrition% and % when we do not have 12 month trend mdata avilable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share your sample data and excepted result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share your sample data and excepted result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-frfei-msft   

"C:\Users\user\OneDrive\PowerBI Problem\Attrition Summary.xlsx"

have attched sample file in onedrive

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anybody please help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.