Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Erik01

Help Power Bi Desktop line color and text formatting

Hello everybody,

I am creating a report whose present data is extrapolated from an excel file present in a sharepoint folder, in this report there is a visual object containing a table as shown below.

Screen1.png

I would like Power Bi to color me red only those lines in which the CHGs are still "Work in Progress" after 7 days from the Planned end date.

I saw that it is not possible to do conditional formatting in that sense as for excel files, is there another way?

In addition, the excel file to which Power Bi Desktop is connected, extrapolates the data from ServiceNow and I notice that the text is always extrapolated with html tags, as reported below and this also affects Power Bi, is there a way to solve?

(File Excel)

Screen4.png

(Power Bi Desktop)

Screen3.png Screen2.png

Thank you very much

3 REPLIES 3
Erik01

Thank you so much for your reply and for the great advice on removing html from text.

What I would like to obtain in the table is that Power Bi independently colors me red only the rows in which there are CHGs that have a Planned End Date at the current date greater than 7 days.

Thank you very much

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. I cannot help you without meaningful sample data.
Please paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services like OneDrive or Google Drive. I cannot use screenshots of your source data.
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided. Screenshots of the expected outcome are ok.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Power Query has an XML (HTML) parser, you can extract the required data that way.

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue.
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.