Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JJenkins2005
Frequent Visitor

Help Needed - Dax Measure

Hello,

I'm trying to determine the best way to create a measure that will provide the following info:

Sum of EecAssignedCount by EEClocation that will take into considertation the slicer selection(s) of Jobclas from Master Login.  Below is some sample data:

IE: Total SUM for AUS is 132 if all selections are selected  for Job Clas which is the default.   If the user selects only Paralegal, the measure would show 19. If they selected Paralegal and Shareholder it would show 39, etc. 

Master_LoginsMaster_LoginsSite_LocationinfoSite_Locationinfo

Site_Locationinfo - Bridge

SiteLocBridge.jpg

Here are is the screenshot of the relationships I  have setup with the bridge table to try to accomplish this:

Relationships.jpg

This paticular report has to be viewable both in our PBI-RS and Service enviroments so I'm designing it in PBI-RS which doesn't yet support many to many relationships.  

Thank you in advance for any insight you are able to provide. 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the data is linked you might be able to achieve the total you are looking for with slicers and page level filters. 

Ex. If you select AUS in a location slicer you could then filter to the job class and display the total in a card visual. 

I've done this with a scenario (I beleive is somewhat similar) where I wanted to display the total number of leads through filtering an account, then by the account owner. 

Thank you... I was able to get the info that way, but our Directors didn't want to have C-Levels using page filters everytime they needed to change a site. 
@Anonymous wrote:

If the data is linked you might be able to achieve the total you are looking for with slicers and page level filters. 

Ex. If you select AUS in a location slicer you could then filter to the job class and display the total in a card visual. 

I've done this with a scenario (I beleive is somewhat similar) where I wanted to display the total number of leads through filtering an account, then by the account owner. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure how to create the dax measure, but couldn't you create multiple card visuals that only display this information through page level filters? 

Ex. Create a card for each of the job classes to display the total based on the location slicer filter? 

I beleive that would resolve the issue of having to utilize multiple slicers. 

It's really difficult for us to help with what you have given. Please see this post. 

How to get questions answered quickly.

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @JJenkins2005 ,

Due to it is hard to reproduce your problem, could you please offer your pbix file to have a test if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Howdy...  There is too much confidential info in the file.   If I remove it, there wouldn't be enough material information available to assist.  Thank you for checking. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.