Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mwasserman

Help Needed: Creating Sankey Diagram

I am trying to create a sankey diagram using the data below but when I try doing so all I get is a blank visual. Is my data formatted incorrectly or am I missing something?

I was able to use the example data from a youtube video and the sankey diagram worked fine then. 

Sankey Data.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
corbusier
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I am having the same issue. We have isolated the problem to data that is "live", so either loaded directly from SQL Server in the form of tables, or as a custom query from the same. 

When the data is imported as a CSV (same output as the custom query), the visual works as expected. 

This seems to be an issue with only this custom visual - other custom visuals are still working as expected. Is this visual pinging an address that would be blocked in a corporate setting? 

@mwasserman could you confirm if the visual works with a CSV?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
corbusier
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I am having the same issue. We have isolated the problem to data that is "live", so either loaded directly from SQL Server in the form of tables, or as a custom query from the same. 

When the data is imported as a CSV (same output as the custom query), the visual works as expected. 

This seems to be an issue with only this custom visual - other custom visuals are still working as expected. Is this visual pinging an address that would be blocked in a corporate setting? 

@mwasserman could you confirm if the visual works with a CSV?

I unsure about the answer to whether or not the visual is pinging an address but yes the visual does work with a CSV- thank you @corbusier !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors