Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dreyz64
Helper III
Helper III

Help - Filtering a visualization based on a parameter and a measure not working

Hi everyone,

I now have been struggling for a while with this and I am going mad as I'm sure this is something simple.

I have created a table where I have various products, their actual sales, forecasted sales and the % difference between actual sales and forecasted sales (%Change).

I have created a parameter (0-100%) and what I want to do now is to filter the below table so that only the %Change (in absolute value) that are bigger than my parameter value get shown.

The filter that I have created is like this:

Type: Column --> Filter =  IF(divide(Parameter[Parameter Value],100)<=abs([%Change]), TRUE,FALSE)

However it is not working in my table. As you can see below, when i plot in my table 'Test filter 3' I get correct values but 'Filter' is wrong.
Test Filter 3 = divide(Parameter[Parameter Value],100)<=abs([%Change])

2020-02-12_16-14-01.jpg

What am I doing wrong? Is it because my columns are dates and thus my filter is calculated differently than my measure?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @dreyz64 ,

This as to do with context I have made a single measure the actuals:

Actuals_Final = SUMX(SUMMARIZE(Sheet1;Sheet1[DATE];"@ACTUALS";[ACTUALS2]);[@ACTUALS])

This is additional on top of the ACTUALS2 so you need to have a intermidiate measure to calculate the values.

Please check if is working correctly on the PBIX file.

If it works you need to do a similar thing for forecast. and then use those measures on the Change %2

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.