Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

zz00024
Regular Visitor

Help! Errors when creating a table visual from multiple data sources

Schemavisual.PNG

Hi everyone, 

I am now trying to create a table visual from multiple data sources. However, I keep getting errors when pulling one of the fields from one data source into my table. Can anyone help ? 

The attached image above is my data model/schema. I am trying to create a table visual which includes the following fields: UserID(from "Assignment" Table), Brand (from "flt_Product" Table), and Satisfaction (from "tbl_Satisfaction" table.). The first two fields work fine but when I was trying to add Satisfaction field into my table visual, I keep getting error by receiving "Can't display the visual" and the error message says "can't display the data because PowerBI can't determine the relationship between two or more fields" . 

Is there any issues with the schema relationship? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@zz00024

The error "can't display the data because PowerBI can't determine the relationship between two or more fields" means the fields are not related. Please recreate the relationship between "tbl_Satisfaction" and "tbl_Brand". Also verfiy the columns connecting two tables are in same data type.

Reference:
Troubleshooting tile errors

Regards,

I've never seen that error before - must be something new.  The issue is you have a classic many to many data model.  Presumably your visual has a measue using the Tbl_Proudct table.  You have bi direction relationships turned on so this should generally manage the situation.  My best guess is that the filter on Assignment is conflicting with the filter on satisfaction (assignment is a bridge table in your model).  Try removing Assignment from the visual and see what happens

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.