Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dbhuertac

Help Creating a Stacked bar graph with different subcategories

Hi all!

I'm fairly new to Power BI and was wondering if anyone had any insight into how I could make a single visualization with multiple bar graphs using the same data set, and with each bar graph displaying a progressively smaller number of data, with different sub categories. Hopefully I'm using the correct wording, but essentially here is my situation:

- I have 18,000 rows of data that I want to group in two distinct Categories (lets call them A&B) and display in a stacked bar graph.

- I then want to show only the data in category A (say 17,000 lines) and divide that Data into new subcategories: Lets call them "A1,B1,C1" in another bar graph.

- I then want to show only the data contained in category B1 (say 8,000 lines) and break it down further into subcategories A2,B2,C3, etc.. in another graph.

- Finally, I want to show only category C3 and break it down into subcategory A3,B3,C3 in a final graph.

I've attached a picture I drew with what I'm thinking of doing. All the data comes from a single data set. Apologies on what I'm sure is a noob question but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Bar Graph.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dbhuertac,

Maybe you can try to use hierarchy slicer to filter visual graph to display specific items.
Otherwise you need to write a measure with conditions as value field of visual, I think it is hard and complex to achieve.

Sample: hide bars when drill down.(2 level)

How to hide bars when drilling down in the same visualization?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dbhuertac,

Maybe you can try to use hierarchy slicer to filter visual graph to display specific items.
Otherwise you need to write a measure with conditions as value field of visual, I think it is hard and complex to achieve.

Sample: hide bars when drill down.(2 level)

How to hide bars when drilling down in the same visualization?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.