Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

deisedc

Help Brazil!

Good Morning. In the free version , as we separate the number shown in the graph in hundreds?

For example , instead of my number appear as " 1211 " appears as " 1.211 "?

Thanks 😉

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@deisedc If "0027812-38.2005.8.26.0100" is your value, are you trying to extract only a portion of that for each row? I'm trying to understand how you are able to return anything using COUNT(NUMERO_PROCESSO) since it is a text field. You would need to use COUNTA(NUMERO_PROCESSO) if you wanted to count the number of times a value is present.

If you want to SUM NUMERO_PROCESSO then you need to reformat the value to be a valid number and change the data type...

I might not be understanding the specific issue/problem..

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @deisedc , i don't know if this is exacty what you want.

In Modeling select ",".

In ModelingIn Modeling

Lima - Peru

@deisedc The desktop is free for everyone. Are you having an issue in the Service? (app.powerbi.com) - or the Desktop?

If it is the Desktop, if you go to the "Data" section and click "Modeling" and highlight the column, what is the data type and format of the column?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

It's a Desktop version and the data type is a text. I have applied COUNT(NUMERO_PROCESSO) and it has returned a number. But this number doesn't accept the format. Example of data in the field NUMERO_PROCESSO = 0027812-38.2005.8.26.0100.

Could you help me?

Thank you!

@deisedc If "0027812-38.2005.8.26.0100" is your value, are you trying to extract only a portion of that for each row? I'm trying to understand how you are able to return anything using COUNT(NUMERO_PROCESSO) since it is a text field. You would need to use COUNTA(NUMERO_PROCESSO) if you wanted to count the number of times a value is present.

If you want to SUM NUMERO_PROCESSO then you need to reformat the value to be a valid number and change the data type...

I might not be understanding the specific issue/problem..

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.