Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kdixon5490
Helper III
Helper III

Heirarchy filter problem with select all

I am currently using the Heirarchy slicer and I'm running into a problem when the user clicks on the "Select All" it returns an error like the below.

kdixon5490_0-1599105059995.png

If the user selects just 1 item from the filter no problem.  I currently have 6 items in the list and they can select up to 5 of them with no problem.   When they select the six item and the Select All check box is checked error occurs.

If I remove the Select All Option and they select all six items no problem no error.   

It is only when the select all is pressed.  

I've tried putting a filter on the visual itself and removing the "BLANK" row and that did not help.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kdixon5490
Helper III
Helper III

I've triple checked the data and there are NO blanks in the data NO nulls nothing.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kdixon5490 ,

Based on my test using the data with blank value in the latest version of Power BI Desktop, the "Select All" also works well.   You may upgrade the Power BI Desktop, and then try it again.

176.png

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

kdixon5490
Helper III
Helper III

I've triple checked the data and there are NO blanks in the data NO nulls nothing.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@kdixon5490 - That's odd, You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kdixon5490 , check out which column has a blank value. May be replace that with NA. Or remove from visual or report level

if you are using this one -https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-february-2020-feature-summary/#_Hierarchic...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.