Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JeroenR
Helper V
Helper V

Heatmap visual

Hi all,

I have an question about an visual that I'm trying to create. I have two different tables that are connected with the date field. The first table is a simple calander table with just the regular items in it. The most important items for this visual are the items below.

Day
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

The second table is also not that difficult and looks like this. I have shortend this table a little bit because otherwise it will be to long for this post. The table contains for each hour each day a number.

DateNumberTime
29/07/20202310:00 AM
29/07/20205311:00 AM
29/07/202021312:00 PM
29/07/202075401:00 PM
29/07/20202302:00 PM
29/07/202065703:00 PM

With these two tables I can create a heatmap visual where I can display each day of the week (mon, tue, wed...) with the hours and the count of each hour. It will look something like this. 

Day10:00 AM11:00 AM12:00 PM
Mon123432124
Tue4351235664
Wed752213342

I have colorised each number field based on the percentage of the amount. So the field will be green when the amount is below 33%, orange if it is between 33% and 67% and red when above 67%.  I hope you can still understand my story.. 

But now comes the tricky part, I want to set some specific field on another color (for example black). This is not correlation to the amount of the number field but based on the day and time. But because these are two seperate tables and I already put an color filter based on the number field I do not know how to set a color filter based on that specific measure.

I hope that I'm clear enough and you can understand me. I'm sorry for my bad english and maybe some typeerrors. If you have questions please ask! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JeroenR , I doubt you can do conditional formatting in heat map with with axis and legend

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JeroenR , I doubt you can do conditional formatting in heat map with with axis and legend

@amitchandak thank you for your reply.

I was also afraid of that, but I thought I would ask it just to be sure here on this forum. Maybe there was someone who had a crazy but working idea.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.