Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anduve11
Frequent Visitor

HeatMap - WebGL not supported on Device

I'm trying to create a heatmap and I'm getting an error that says, "Sorry, unable to render. This visual requires WebGL, which is not supported by this device."

How do I enable WebGL on my device?

I can see how I enable it on my browser like Chrome or Firefox, but I don't see anything about enabling it on a device.  Any help or advice?

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 8.39.44 AM.png

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I encountered this exact issue in PBI Desktop, despite knowing that WebGL 1 was enabled on my device (you can check for yourself here: http://webglreport.com/ ). The steps below got things working, but I'm not sure I would trust this in a production enivronment just yet. Either way, hopefully this will help someone.

1. Instead of using PBI Desktop, I accessed my report using the PBI Service and added the heatmap visualization through the marketplace. This time, the visualization did not throw the WebGL error and I was able to add data to it, make changes, etc.

2. Then I went to save my report, but it threw an error saying that it failed to save any changes. I tried twice more but as long as the heatmap visual was in the report, it would not save.

3. I then re-opened PBI Desktop, added the visual from the marketplace, and bam, it worked. Now it works in both PBI Desktop and PBI Service.

Again, I don't fully trust it yet. Be cautious unless your use case is not critical and you have patient users 🙂

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anduve11,

Sorry for the delay.

Unfortunately, here is a limitation for HeatMap that this visual requires WebGL, which however may not be supported by every device. In case of seeing the "not-supported error", you may need to try a different machine. Sorry about the limitation.

You could find the limitation in this blog.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm having the same problem, and it was working perfectly within a few days.
I do not know what's changed to make it happen.

I'm having the same problem, but a few days was working perfectly.

I do not know what has changed to stop working.

cbriglia
Helper I
Helper I

I'm getting the same thing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.