Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

arinyc
Frequent Visitor

Heat Map not loading properly

Hi,

I created a heat map some time ago based on long-lat coordinates and it was working well. Now, my heat mao suddenly doesn't show up properly - I mean the map is pretty flat without borders, roads, water surface and other visual elements on the map. I checked map settings and everything is turned on (Renderer = contour, Map elements - everything is turned on). I tried the heat map from the marketplace and from Office store, but with no difference. Does anyone know what goes wrong here? Has the Heat Map been changed or something else happens here?

Capture.JPG

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

have you refreshed your data since it was working? has something changed in the data. Best way to see what is going on with your data is to change the visual to a matrix (or make a copy ) and look in a table if you data is populating properly.

also you dont say what has changed, is the heat map smaller. It is highligting something, is it just less than before, or how has it changed?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Let me answer what has been changed. At the previous map (covers NYC), I could clearly see the roads, rivers, borders between neighbourhoods. The current map is flat without all of these elements. 
Data set has been refreshed on regular basis keeping the same table structure, data format, etc. (no changes). 

I will add that recently I am also seeing the same. All land is blown-out white. Changing the type under Map Control does not change this. Existing files with maps that used to look like below (type = Dark) now look like the second image below.

Original:

cwalt11_0-1602694036005.png

Now:

cwalt11_1-1602694066767.png

Changing to Dark only makes the oceans darker.  Something is definitely wrong.

@cwalt11  and @arinyc 

sounds like its  bug.   Maybe contact microsoft support?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

@vanessafvg @cwalt11 I just submitted to the Microsoft support: link.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same issue with the Flow Map.  Did you find a solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.