Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AW1976NOVA
Post Patron
Post Patron

Having trouble assessing: Custom Measure / New Table/ Append?

Hi,

I have an excel table 'Claim Data' I'm bringing in to Power BI.  The table has medical claim data.  The two fields that apply to my question here are [Plan Payment Amount] and [Claim Serial Number].  Each [Claim Serial Number] can populate numerous times in this table (meaning a customer could have gone to the same doctor for the same cold multiple times and it would have been logged with the same [Claim Serial Number] because it was for the same issue.  Each instance (row) of the [Claim Serial Number] is also populated with a [Plan Payment Amunt].  For example:

Claim Serial Number     Plan Payment Amount]

0077                              $1.00

0077                              $3.00

0077                              $10.00

0050                              $150.00

0077                              $10.00

0030                              $25.00

With that in mind, Id like to associate certain [Plan Payment Amount] totals for each [Claim Serial Number] as either a (High Cost Claimant), a (Mediam Cost Claimant) or neither.

For this example, lets pretend that a (High Cost Claimant) is any situation where a [Claim Serial Number]'s total [Plan Payment Amount] is greater than or equal to $150.00.  Let's also pretend that a (Medium Cost Claimant) is where a [Claim Serial Number]'s total [Plan Payment Amount] is greater than or equal to $25.00 but less than $150.00.  In any other situation (if the [Claim Serial Number]'s total [Plan Payment Amount] is less than $25.00...it is neither a (High Cost Claimant) or {Medium Cost Claimant).

For this example, [Claim Serial Number] 0050 is the only (High Cost Claimant).  [Claim Serial Number] 0030 is the only (Medium Cost Claimant) while 0077 is neither a (High Cost Claimant) or (Medium Cost Claimant).

I'm not really sure how I should go about building this out.  Here is a picture of my relationships already.

Capture.PNG

Thank you in advance,

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FrankAT
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @AW1976NOVA,

take a look at the following solution:

17-07-_2020_21-44-40.png

Regards FrankAT

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FrankAT
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @AW1976NOVA,

take a look at the following solution:

17-07-_2020_21-44-40.png

Regards FrankAT

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.