Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dreyz64
Helper III
Helper III

Having drill down on certain columns and none on other

Hi everyone,

I am a Power BI noob and need help on reproducing some simple Tableau visualizations into Power BI,

I am not sure if there is a work around or if custom visualization is required (in which case I am an even bigger noob).

I am trying to reproduce a report as follows:

2020-01-22_11-18-30.jpg

2020-01-22_11-18-58.jpg

As you can see from the above, I have a hierarchy with Market > Location > POS and then a date.

Because i have a hierarchy, i can drill down from market to Location all the way to POS, however my date stays visible at all times because it is not part of the hierarchy.

This is very convenient because the aim is to be able to see at a daily level volumes either at market level or location level or even down to POS level.

I tried to reproduce the same effect with the matrix visualization but unfortunately it puts the date within the drill down which means that my users unfortunately lose these different degrees of details. They can only see at POS level daily.

Could you please help?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dreyz64 ,

Based on my research, we can only put the date into cloumn field or values filed to keep it always show while drill down, when it is in value field, it will be aggreated.

2.jpg3.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-lid-msft,

Thanks for your answer.
Indeed I had seen this but unfortunately I do not want to have 'Earliest Date' or anything.

I would like to have the whole data not aggregated and this is where I come short...

Could be an update for PBI...

Best

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.