Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Naveen_SV
Helper IV
Helper IV

Having Filter Black out in Power BI Desktop

Hi Team,

I am having the issue like power bi filter is getting black below is the screen shot please help me out.

even though i have tried restarting getting this error.bug.PNGbug1.PNG

12 REPLIES 12
pwilliams
Regular Visitor

This was also driving me crazy. If you go to the View tab, drop down for Themes, Customize current theme, Filter pane, Applied filter cards and change the background color that should do the trick.

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Try to uncheck on hidden eye like icon just below the lock icon as per your provided screen shot.

Please don't forget to give Kudos/Thumbs up and mark it as a solution if it helps you.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Hi @Tahreem24 thanks for the feedback but it didn't work. i think it's power BI tool bug.

any help from @microsoft team.

Hi @Naveen_SV ,

Is just the color of filter pane changed? Or the entire Power BI is black? Do you import custom theme? Do you check if there is any code which change the background color of filter pane? If you just use default theme, can you please share a dummy file that we can test?

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I started getting this problem right after I started using Calculation groups; not idea if this is relevant. Resetting the "Discourage Implicit Measure" to False didn't do anything.

Hi @v-xuding-msft  Thanks for your responce.

I am using this version 2.73.5586.561 currently i am working on one of the project i don't know wheather i can recreate this bug however the current file which i have is having this issue.

the file is confendital i am unable to share this.

thanks.

Hi @Naveen_SV ,

I can't reproduce the issue while using the same version of Desktop. Do you check the theme file? Is it caused by the code? If you can't reproduce it in a new report, maybe you could create a support ticket to get a dedicate support. It is a safe and efficient method.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xuding-msft  Thanks for your responce

it's not because of theme file i have used divergent theme which is available in Power BI destktop.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you find a solution?
Two of my cutomers are facing the same issue occasionally (PBI Desktop for Report Server). 
Same PBI version on different PCs. Some work as expected some show black panes (not only filter). Closing and reopening PBI often works - but that can't be the solution. 

@Anonymous  Yes i am still finding this issue. and this issue is because of if you change the theme.

but i am not able to recreate this issue. however my Report is moved to production side but even though i am still facing this issue.

Hi @Naveen_SV ,

Can you please tell me if the issue has been solved? I'm curious what caused it. If you solved it, you could share the solution here. More people who encounter the same issue will benefit here. If not, hope that someone can help this.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

@v-xuding-msft  No not yet even though i have the latest version still the issue is there it's not yet resovled even though most of the community people have logged the issue about i don't think Micrsoft guys are able to reproduce this issue. they may not fix this need to find some other soultion. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.