Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have table filter another; Make relationship active error: ambiguity between tables

I am trying to have one table filter another table using a relationship and by making the relationship active (my understanding is this is the best approach to have one table filter another table) I'm doing this for a visual.

One of my tables has a list of materials which want to be the filter table. When I connect the tables I get the below error. The error message told me to delete the relationship and reconnect it which I've done manually (instead of just drag and drop the fields that are connected) but I still get the error?

Any ideas how I can get my table to filter the other one? It is a 1:to many relationship, so not sure the impact of that

error6.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Just check you might have a few bi-directional relationships.  Few tables can be 1-1 bi-directional. Make them 1-M single direction from master to detail.

Avoid and M-M join.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is this problem solved?

Best Regards,

Icey

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Just check you might have a few bi-directional relationships.  Few tables can be 1-1 bi-directional. Make them 1-M single direction from master to detail.

Avoid and M-M join.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.