Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matheuspeppers
Frequent Visitor

Have facts tables and automatic dimension when loading folder

Is it possible to have the star format for dimension and fact tables, but loading folders instead of a file? Like, every time you load a new file in the folder, it already imports to Power BI with the separation of the dimension and fact tables and already creates the relationship between them. Is this possible?

1 REPLY 1
mahenkj2
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Matheuspeppers ,

I am not sure if this anwer helps you, but share my comments:

First of all, I dont think by default there is any way to define dimension and fact table, other than defined nomenclature. (you can name it specific ways).

Second if data is coming from sql server (for example), you can import multiple tables and with there relationships (if defined at data source), I post an example below:

mahenkj2_0-1663847734709.png

and then:

mahenkj2_1-1663847885487.png

If you selected related tables, Power BI should recognise the relationships. Again it would not know about fact and dimension table, but it is not so hard to just arrange them based on the relationship seen in Power BI.

Hope it helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.