Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CMSGuy
Helper III
Helper III

Have a visual show future month data

I have this visual that will display any comments made in a record for an employee.  The page filters by Year, Month, and Employee.  This works fine.  However, I want this comment visual (it is a very simple matrix) to show any comments made for the next month.  The reason is the field leaders will comment on an employee's prior month performance.  I hope this makes sense.  I just cannot figure out the Dax (or filter setting) to accomplish this.  Here is a visual.  In this example, the comment was entered on August 2 for this employee's July performance.  We would like that to show on the July report.  And there should be only ONE Field leader comment per employee per month.

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@CMSGuy , assume the comment table has a date and that is joined with the common date table

next month comment  =

calculate(lastnonblank(Comment[Comment], "NA"), nextmonth('Date'[Date]))

Previous month comment  =

calculate(lastnonblank(Comment[Comment], "NA"), Previousmonth('Date'[Date]))

Time Intelligence, DATESMTD, DATESQTD, DATESYTD, Week On Week, Week Till Date, Custom Period on Period,
Custom Period till date: https://youtu.be/aU2aKbnHuWs&t=145s

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CMSGuy
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@CMSGuy , assume the comment table has a date and that is joined with the common date table

next month comment  =

calculate(lastnonblank(Comment[Comment], "NA"), nextmonth('Date'[Date]))

Previous month comment  =

calculate(lastnonblank(Comment[Comment], "NA"), Previousmonth('Date'[Date]))

Time Intelligence, DATESMTD, DATESQTD, DATESYTD, Week On Week, Week Till Date, Custom Period on Period,
Custom Period till date: https://youtu.be/aU2aKbnHuWs&t=145s

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.