Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shawn3474
Frequent Visitor

Have a Does Not Contain Problem.

Hi All.  I am new to PowerBI and am trying to create a dashboard and have run into a problem.

I have a table that lists project work with a list of teams in one column.  In another column I have a list of teams that have completed work on that project.   I am trying create a third column (Teams Work Still Remaining) in PowerBI that shows what teams still have work remaining.   I have tried using if([Teams]<>[Teams Work Completed],[Teams]) and that works for projects B and C but for anywhere where Teams Work Completed has multiple teams listed like for Project A below it does not work.

Project NameTeamsTeams Work CompletedTeams Work Still Remaining
AWeb
DBA
Network
Web
DBA
Network
BWindows
DBA
WindowsDBA
CUnix
DBA
Web
 Unix
DBA
Web

I have searched around and have not found any answers so far.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think I found my own answer by simply changing the way the data is received.  It is a slight change of process but will eliminate the need for creating a lot of logic.  Thanks for the help.  Basically we will record all teams that are part of the project and remove them once the work is done rather than add them when the work is done.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
apo1979prio
Helper I
Helper I

Table.AddColumn(Step20, "VP"each if (List.Contains({"ZNLD","ZNLM"},[DOC_TYPE]) and 
    List.Contains({"500","699","800","999","PT5","PT6","PT8","PT9"},Text.Middle([#".NIF_Venda"], 33)))  then "E"
else if (List.Contains({"ZNLD","ZNLM"},[DOC_TYPE]) and 
    not(List.Contains({"500","699","800","999","PT5","PT6","PT8","PT9"},Text.Middle([#".NIF_Venda"], 33))))  then "P"
else if List.Contains({"ZTOP","ZREP","ZG2P","ZGCP"},[DOC_TYPE]) then "F"  //Frota
else null)
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@shawn3474,

You may start from Split Column By Delimiter in Query Editor.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft,

Thank you for the response.  I am trying to work with that idea now but am wondering if you could expand on your thought a little more.  I think I see where you are going with this but am not 100% sure.

I think I found my own answer by simply changing the way the data is received.  It is a slight change of process but will eliminate the need for creating a lot of logic.  Thanks for the help.  Basically we will record all teams that are part of the project and remove them once the work is done rather than add them when the work is done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.