Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rachelbabcock
Helper I
Helper I

Have Measure Ignore Visual-Level Filter

Hi everyone, I need a measure to ignore a visual-level filter that I've applied to a matrix (the measure is pulled into the matrix).

I have the 2 matricies shown below. matrices.PNG

I need the "percentage of total incidents" column in the second matrix to divide the incident count for that row by the total from the "before filter" matrix above. (Aka -- 31 by 114, instead of 108). The only difference between those two matrices is that in the second matrix, I've applied a filter to the visual that says status is not AB-Abandoned. So, I need that measure to account for ALL statuses and ignore that one filter.

Here's the measure that calcualtes the percentage, and the associated measure built into that

Percentage of Total Incidents = COUNT(Merge1[Total Incidents to Date])/Total Incidents 3

Total Incidents 3 = CALCULATE(COUNT(Merge1[Total Incidents to Date]), ALL(Merge1[status]), Merge1[processstatus] = "Approved" || Merge1[processstatus] = "Submitted", Merge1[Group Name] = "American Group" || Merge1[Group Name] = "Corporate Office Ledgers" || Merge1[Group Name] = "National Group")

*The process status and group name items built into total incidents 3 should apply to both tables. It's the "ALL(merge1[status[) that I don't understand why it isnt working. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi! I actually figured this out. I rebuilt all of the measures in my matrix in a calcualte(measure), status <> "AB-Abandoned" format to incorporate that visual-level filter at the measure level. Then, for the one measure in question, I just didn't exclude that AB-Abandonded status. It ended up working!

Thank you, though, for the suggestion! 🙂 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rachelbabcock ,

Try this:

Total Incidents 3 =
CALCULATE (
    COUNT ( Merge1[Total Incidents to Date] ),
    FILTER (
        ALL ( Merge1[status], Merge1[processstatus], Merge1[Group Name] ),
        Merge1[processstatus] IN { "Approved", "Submitted" }
            && Merge1[Group Name]
            IN { "American Group", "Corporate Office Ledgers", "National Group" }
    )
)

If this doesn't work either, please share me your .pbix file for test. Please remove sensitive information. It is suggested to upload your file to OneDrive for Business and then paste the link here.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi! I actually figured this out. I rebuilt all of the measures in my matrix in a calcualte(measure), status <> "AB-Abandoned" format to incorporate that visual-level filter at the measure level. Then, for the one measure in question, I just didn't exclude that AB-Abandonded status. It ended up working!

Thank you, though, for the suggestion! 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.