Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Stairs96

Hangs on Creating connection in model...

HELP!  I created and have been successfully using my PBI reports for a few months. Today, I went to refresh my visualizations and am stuck on the below item "Creating connection in model..."  I've waited over an hour for this to finish (usually it takes 10 seconds) and it will not complete.  I rebooted my PC, downloaded the latest version of desktop none of which helped.  I went into my queries and manually refreshed the previews, all of which have succeeded....my updated data is displaying in the queries but it just won't refresh the visualizations.  All of my data is pulled from excel spreadsheets....and I manually refresh it.  How do I get past this issue?

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Stairs96

Figured it out on my own...one of my source files went from 6,520KB to 33,000KB for no reason.  Onof the spreadsheets contained within went from 45 columns to just about every column populated with something (even though the columns appeared blank).  Once I deleted the "blank" columns, my file went back to its former size and the refresh succeeded with no issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Leann
Regular Visitor

I am encountering the same problems...

I import only one table (17,986,280 rows) from ssas server, but it's stucking in "Creating connection in model" for near half an hour. Also, I've exmained the table which has no blank columns. is it normal? or any experience to check the problem efficiently? Thanks a lot!

Stairs96

Figured it out on my own...one of my source files went from 6,520KB to 33,000KB for no reason.  Onof the spreadsheets contained within went from 45 columns to just about every column populated with something (even though the columns appeared blank).  Once I deleted the "blank" columns, my file went back to its former size and the refresh succeeded with no issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.