Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

misuszan

Handling of Lists

My report is using a Kusto query as a datasource. It has a column that uses the Kusto aggregation function makeset() to create an array of strings like: ["string1", "string2"] Until 11/12 in my report this column was expanded and displayed the full array as one string. However, it seems this behavior has recenly changed. Now the column just says List which I can click into, but I'm unable to get the column values to be presented as one string again.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
misuszan

Thanks for the reply, I'm using 2.59.5135.601. I should mention, oddly, one column had the same UI as above, with an icon I could click to expand the values. But the other column did not. No matter what I tried I could not get the expand values icon to appear in the other column.

Ultimately I was able to edit the query and force it to expand the values, but I'm still not sure why the icon was missing to begin with.

Thanks!

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@misuszan,

What version of Power BI Desktop do you use? I make a test in latest version of Power BI Desktop( 2.64.5285.582), when using extract values option to expand the list column, we can get column value to display as one string.
1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.