Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Handling infinite values in Power BI.

Hello everyone, 

I am working with the economic data of the all of the world countries. There are some indicators which have been expressed in the national currencies of these countries. In order to compare and visualize this data I just connected to the Currency API and created valueinUSD column which lets me to visualize the indicators. But when I connected to the Currency API, it did not provide me with exchange rates of 3 countries. In the ValueinUSD column these 3 countries' data is expressed with the infinite (∞) sign which creates me a lot of problems while visualizing the data. 
I would like to ask you how can I get rid of these 3 infinite values without changing Currency API.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Try to use IFERROR

Refer :https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Handling-infinity-value/td-p/125435

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Proud to be a Datanaut Connect on Linkedin

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous when you are pulling the data, what do you see in power query? Do you see error? or null value? What does it shows there? If it is error you can replace error values with 0

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I pull the exchange rates it shows blank ( not 0 or error).

isblank(table[field]) can be used to check. What did you want to do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As I mentioned in the main question I have some data in National currencies and I wanted to express them in USD so I wrote a DAX  to create new column. But the API I have connected does not provide exchange rate for 3 countries out of 192. Because of the in the USD value column I am getting infinite value sign for these 3 countries' data. 
I hope I could explain myself.

@Anonymous we can go back and forth all day long, you need to show sample data ,and if it is giving blank (not 0 or error), what is the business logic to handle when there is no value. You have to provide that information so that we can assist otherwise we don't know what your expectations are ? Hope this helps and read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem is solved with IFERROR function. Thank you so much all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.