Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mandiatutti

Handling and calculate currency exchange

Hi everyone. 

I need to graph the currency exchange rate by calculating it from the data i have about payements. Let me explain it better: I have a "MOVEMENTS" table in which i have the "MOV_VAL_GLOBAL" column which is the whole amount of the movement in EUR and a "MOV_VAL_LOCAL" column which is the whole amount of the movement in the local currency (USD, EUR, whatever it is...). Now i can calculare the exchange rate EUR/local_currency by adding a calculated column in the MOVEMENT table:

CURRENCY EXHANGE = DIVIDE(MOVEMENTS[Amount MOV_VAL_GLOBAL]; MOVEMENTS[MOV_VAL_LOCAL]). 
I need a graph that shows the exchange rate trend by date ( i have a calendar table). And I possibly want to chose the "foreign" currency too with a slicer, better if automatically detected by looking at the value in the "CURRENCY_LOCAL" field.
Can you help me with that? 
If you need more informations just ask me. Thank you. 
Schermata 2019-05-30 alle 11.20.55.pngSchermata 2019-05-30 alle 11.21.32.png 

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mandiatutti 

Does "MOVEMENTS" table have "date" column, why not connect it directly with "calendar" table?

To show the exchange rate trend by date on a visual, please connect "MOVEMENTS" table directly with "calendar" table. ( it should be a solid line instead of a dashed line)

Where is "foreign" currency ?

When selecting "foreign" currency, what do you expect to see from the visual?

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.