Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Handling InActive Relationships - Creating Charts with Hierarchy

Please find my below table relationship. 

PlantPerformance, DateTable and StageTable are the main table available linked together using a date field in it.

DISTINCTAUFNR and DISTINCEMODEL are just distinct value bridge tables created by me to avoid many to many relationships and create one to many relationships between PlantPerformance and StageTable. PlantPerformance and StageTable are linked using "Production Order ID" and "Model ID"

Capture.JPG

I am trying to bring a report like below. The above date filters comes from the table "DateTable". The chart contains the X axis "ValueStream" field taken from "PlantPerformance" and "StageQuantity" filed taken from "StageTable". 

I am not getting the StageQuanity based on ValueStream due to the inactive relationship between the PlantPerfomance and StageTable using Production Order ID and Model ID.

How to handle this one ? Could you please help me in detail so that i can understand easily ?

Capture2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , There are too many bi-directional joins. Make them a single directional, unless most need.

These are creating multiple paths, because of that some join are becoming inactive.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , There are too many bi-directional joins. Make them a single directional, unless most need.

These are creating multiple paths, because of that some join are becoming inactive.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.